- Mental Illness 精神病
- Psychosis & Schizophrenia 精神分裂症和其他精神病性障碍
- Depression 抑郁症
- Bipolar disorder 躁郁症
- Anxiety 焦虑症
- Stigma & Advocacy 歧视与拥护精神病患
- IMH 80th Anniversary 心理卫生学院80周年纪念刊
- National Mental Health Blueprint Singapore 新加坡心理卫生蓝图
- Personality Disorders 人格障碍
- Singapore Statistics on Mental Health 新加坡心理卫生数据
- Suicides in Singapore 新加坡的自杀概况
- Mental Health & Psychology Training 心理健康与心理学课程
- Stress and Society 个人压力与社会环境
- Recovery 康复
- Mental Health Laws 心理卫生法律
- Employment Opportunities for PMI 患者就业机会
- Caregiving 关怀精神病患
- Where to Get Help 寻求协助
Friday, October 08, 2010
[Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 2 October 2010]
A 23 year old medical student by the name of Zhu Jianwen committed suicide by jumping from a 24 story flat in Marine Parade, Lianhe Wanbao reported yesterday:
He left a pair of shoes, his glasses and a bag containing medical textbooks and notes on the floor from which he plunged to his death.
His mother was heard wailing to relatives that he was just transferred to a different department and was under tremendous stress.
Based on his age, Mr Zhu is likely to be a final year medical student if he had been disrupted from National Service.
Under the new medical curriculum, final year medical students have to double up as house officers as well and their performance during their apprenticeship will be assessed and graded accordingly, failing which they will have to repeat another year.
Most doctors will agree that housemanship is the toughest year of their careers followed by the final year. However the workload of house officers has been lightened considerably in recent years compared to the past.